Computer Engineering Program Objectives:
Graduates should be
- Recognized for excellence in technical and professional problem-solving, teamwork, communication, and leadership skills, and excel in careers in national and international companies in engineering, research and development, business and managerial positions,
- Able to perform independent research to help define the frontiers of knowledge in computer science and engineering or related interdisciplinary areas and pursue graduate study at top-ranked universities worldwide to become future national or international academic leaders,
- Innovators and entrepreneurs with a global vision, who can develop new technologies and/or products, and found new national or international companies in computer science and engineering or related areas.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Koç Engineering graduates
- Learn advanced mathematics and natural sciences, and gain the ability to apply this knowledge towards modeling and solution of engineering problems,
- Gain the ability to identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems,
- Gain the ability to design a component, process, system, or product to meet desired needs under realistic constraints and conditions, addressing economic, environmental, sustainability, producibility, ethical, social, political, health and security issues
- Gain the ability to select and use necessary techniques, and modern engineering and information technology tools for engineering applications and practice,
- Gain the ability to design and conduct experiments, collect data, analyze and interpret data for engineering applications,
- Gain the ability to function in intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams,
- Gain the ability to effectively communicate in Turkish and English by oral, written, and graphical means,
- Recognize the need for and ability to engage in life-long learning and to reach the most recent information in science and technology
- Recognize and understand professional and ethical responsibility,
- Understand project management, risk management, and change management concepts; as well as awareness of the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship for sustainable economic development.
- Understand impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context, including health, environment, safety and legal issues,
Computer engineering graduates
- Gain breadth in computer engineering with required area courses, and provides depth in an area of specialization through 3 area elective and 6 free electives courses.
- Gain advanced mathematical foundation, including discrete mathematics, differentiation and integration, multi variable calculus, linear algebra, differential equations, probability and statistics,
- Learn design and operation of state of the art computer systems, as well as digital circuit design, computer architecture, operating systems and database systems,
- Gain the ability to apply principles of computer science theory, including data structures, algorithms and complexity, and software engineering in the construction of software systems and hardware and software systems of varying complexity in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.