Summer Practice Guidelines
A compulsory Internship should be in line with the Internship Procedure of Koç University, the Internship Procedure of the College of Engineering, and the Computer Engineering Department-specific rules. The timeline and important dates of the compulsory internship are specified in the following.
A voluntary Internship can only be requested by filling out the online Summer Practice Info Form.
Important Dates for Summer 2024
|Course Registration on KUSIS:
|20.05.2024 – 09.09.2024
|Deadline for the Student’s Evaluation Form**:
|Deadline for report uploading***:
|Grading of the report****:
** Daily Report should be uploaded with this form.
*** Summer Practice Report must be uploaded to Blackboard.
**** Internship Coordinators for the semester are here.
Timeline for the Compulsory Internship
- Find a company that suits the Specific Rules of your Program.
- Ask the company to fill out the online Form for Incentive Fund (This form is valid for national companies only.)
- If the company requests a signed Compulsory Summer Practice Letter, please prepare the letter with your information and sent it to your program admin via CE Track-it.
- Fill out the online Summer Practice Info Form one week before the start of the internship, which is a sharp deadline. A statement of employment document will be sent to you one day before the start of your internship via e-mail by the KU HR department.
- Register to the designated Summer Practice course (COMP 291 or 391) from the KUSIS only within the registration deadlines (as specified above).
- Start the practice.
- Don’t forget to keep a Daily Report from the first day of the internship. Take your supervisor’s signature on every page and upload the completed version to the Intern Evaluation Form.
- After completing the summer practice, write your Summer Practice Report as specified by your department.
- Upload your report electronically to Blackboard
Final Check Points
- Make sure that you have filled out the Intern Evaluation Form and uploaded your Daily Report to the form.
- Make sure that you have registered for the stated / right-coded course from KUSIS.
- Make sure that you have uploaded your final report with the stated / right code to Blackboard.
- Make sure that the course codes in KUSIS and Blackboard are the same.